4-1-2017 1: 30 AM I took 352 quarters to a Coinstar exchange machine.It was apparent the counter was not working correctly.

The coins were dropping into the hopper...I listened and watched the coin counter. The counter was extremely slow. The machine said "wait while we catch up"...it never caught up. I got a cash ticket for $8.50...I should have gotten a ticket for $88.00 less the charge..

They shorted me $79.50. The machine counted 34 coins and did not count 318 coins. I contacted customer service via email. They said they could not balance the machine until 4-25-17 when it was full.

They COULD have balanced it immediately but chose not too. After they "balanced" the machine they sent me a email. NO EXTRA COINS WERE FOUND. Baloney.

What a way to make a profit. I told them I was taking them to small claims court. I`ll go next week and file the claim.

By the way...two of counted the coins before taking them to the machine.I wonder about a class action law suit?????

Review about: Coinstar Coin Vending Machine.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Being robbed.

Had an Experience with Coinstar?

Comments

Towson, Maryland, United States #1334372

I agree with the comment re the ink the e gift certificates.I got one for approximately $35 for IHop.

Within a month, you could not read the bar code and the restaurant wouldn't accept it.Hmph!

New York, New York, United States #1322322

They've been doing this forever along with their disappearing ink on receipts. THIEVES !