We were using a Coinstar machine on 8/05/2018. The machine was located in a Walmart, in Danvers Ma.

The banner on the machine and screen clearly stated we could redeem coins for a gift card for no fee. We played with the screen for several minuets without finding that option. We asked two nearby Walmart employees for help. One of them told us you had to insert the coins before that option would appear.

Once we had run our coins though, there was no such option. We were charged $10.23, which I though was very high. A store manager could not help.

The machine should not advertise the option if that option is not available. We plan to never use Coinstar again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Coinstar Gift Card Vending Machine.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

Many times I bring heavy coins to Coinstar and the machine is not working, closed or out of order I went to two different places today and three machines total were not taking coins. It was a total waste of time.

ginger

need to contac5 somebody about taking our money then charging us like we took out a second chance loan.That charges us intetest.Who do we call..... it's wrong .

has Coinstar eliminated the gift card (Amazon) option? I have not had this problem before but the option was not available last week at the Giant in New Hope PA. They always short you some money but the gift card made up for it.

Coinstar Reviews