Update added by user Jan 25
After emailing Coinstar directly about my situation, they responded promptly and the situation has been completely resolved.The Coinstar rep called the Fry's store and apparently the Fry's store was not aware the the voucher does NOT require cash in on the same day.
I just took my voucher back to the Fry's store with the contact name that the Coinstar rep gave me and they cashed the voucher.
The Fry's store is now aware of the Coinstar policy.Thank you Coinstar!
Original review posted by user Jan 23
I went to the local Fry's Store in Phoenix, AZ on Jan 20th and cashed in my coins as I have many times at the same location.
I went to redeem the Coinstar receipt at the customer service desk on Jan 23rd.I was not aware of the fact that you must redeem the receipt on the same day that you cash in the coins or your receipt is invalid.
Although the receipt was only $14.99, I was told at the customer service desk that this is their policy. On the Coinstar receipt it states: "Redeem today with any cashier at this store." It does not state that the receipt is only good on the day that you cash in the coins. Apparently, the company counts on a certain percentage of the public such as myself, being unaware of this policy. Maybe this policy is in the "fine print" that you agree to when cashing in the coins.
However, the policy should also be clearly stated on the receipt.I will never use Coinstar again, and I hope that others will decide to do the same.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Feeling ripped off
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Coinstar Exchange
- Review category
- Cash Services
You May Also Like
- "Well i applied to Rise for a loan and submitted my info. Now their requesting me to send a copy of my ID and Social Security Card. Its sounds shaky..."
- "I purchased a Reload It when the walgreens cashier didn't know how to load my card. Instead of taking 5 minutes to drive up the street to walmart, I just..."
- "Its a shame temp agencies use thus card for employment. My card has been locked for 4 days now and i have 5 different emails to different people at glibal..."
- "I purhased a vehicle through a small scam artist dealer in Chandler alArizona, Millenium Auto Sales and the owner is Paul Jones. My total vested interest into this vehicle loan..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "Advertised High End Luxury Hotel mattress featuring handmade wool and silk.... Invoice said "Faux mattress"!!! Only thing on any tag says polyester!!! Ad shows beautiful tufted mattress with side handles...mattress..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."