Update added by user Jan 25
After emailing Coinstar directly about my situation, they responded promptly and the situation has been completely resolved.The Coinstar rep called the Fry's store and apparently the Fry's store was not aware the the voucher does NOT require cash in on the same day.
I just took my voucher back to the Fry's store with the contact name that the Coinstar rep gave me and they cashed the voucher.
The Fry's store is now aware of the Coinstar policy.Thank you Coinstar!
Original review posted by user Jan 23
I went to the local Fry's Store in Phoenix, AZ on Jan 20th and cashed in my coins as I have many times at the same location.
I went to redeem the Coinstar receipt at the customer service desk on Jan 23rd.I was not aware of the fact that you must redeem the receipt on the same day that you cash in the coins or your receipt is invalid.
Although the receipt was only $14.99, I was told at the customer service desk that this is their policy. On the Coinstar receipt it states: "Redeem today with any cashier at this store." It does not state that the receipt is only good on the day that you cash in the coins. Apparently, the company counts on a certain percentage of the public such as myself, being unaware of this policy. Maybe this policy is in the "fine print" that you agree to when cashing in the coins.
However, the policy should also be clearly stated on the receipt.I will never use Coinstar again, and I hope that others will decide to do the same.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Feeling ripped off
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Coinstar Exchange
- Review category
- Cash Services
You May Also Like
- "I purchased two Western Union Money Orders. One of the money orders I mailed to a company and they cannot find it. I called Western Union just to check to..."
- "After several months of back and forth with their customer service, I've still not received my payment, and was given the choice of either I can receive a new card..."
- "Bakit Ganito nangyari s padala k dapat Ito ang matanggap ng mom k P55275.00 pesos ang makuha lng Ng mother k s pinas at P50.002.00..yan ang recebo...from California & pinas..."
- "My 3 orders placed at the same time were 5 DAYS LATE! The flowers were wilted, droopy, cheap and ugly! I ordered 3 Mylar "It's A Boy" balloons...."
- "Wow! I wish I read this before wishing for an LV bag. My husband surprised me with this bag for christmas. I used it for less than hour but decided..."
- "Ava's flowers is a fraud! I paid $120 for a gourmet basket. I was horrified when my friend sent me a picture of what she received! I was so embarrassed...."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."