Ripped off by Coinstar

Update added by user Jan 25

After emailing Coinstar directly about my situation, they responded promptly and the situation has been completely resolved.The Coinstar rep called the Fry's store and apparently the Fry's store was not aware the the voucher does NOT require cash in on the same day.

I just took my voucher back to the Fry's store with the contact name that the Coinstar rep gave me and they cashed the voucher.

The Fry's store is now aware of the Coinstar policy.Thank you Coinstar!

Original review posted by user Jan 23

I went to the local Fry's Store in Phoenix, AZ on Jan 20th and cashed in my coins as I have many times at the same location.

I went to redeem the Coinstar receipt at the customer service desk on Jan 23rd.I was not aware of the fact that you must redeem the receipt on the same day that you cash in the coins or your receipt is invalid.

Although the receipt was only $14.99, I was told at the customer service desk that this is their policy. On the Coinstar receipt it states: "Redeem today with any cashier at this store." It does not state that the receipt is only good on the day that you cash in the coins. Apparently, the company counts on a certain percentage of the public such as myself, being unaware of this policy. Maybe this policy is in the "fine print" that you agree to when cashing in the coins.

However, the policy should also be clearly stated on the receipt.I will never use Coinstar again, and I hope that others will decide to do the same.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Coinstar Exchange
Review category
Cash Services
review #776428 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Coinstar? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.